Role: Tech Lead
TradeBay website: tradebay.co
HQ: Stockholm (part-time remote work is possible)
We are a global B2B platform challenging a multi-billion dollar industry, making fruit the trading value-chain more efficient and transparent. If you are excited about the startup ecosystem, interested in getting ownership in a high-growth company, and passionate about technology, read on!
What you will do
As the Tech Lead you will be a part of the leadership team, providing strong technical voice to our strategic decisions. We are a start-up in its truest form and see that you will work both strategically and operationally. You will need to take on both a very practical, hands-on role doing coding and fast iterations, as well as discuss and pan out the strategic roadmap. We are about to enter an aggressive expansion phase, which means that you will be a critical person in the growth of the team and the business. Some of your tasks will include the following:
- Alongside the CEO, you will form the product trial responsible for delivering a successful product to the market
- Attract, recruit and retain top talent
- Continuously coach your team members
- Constantly reassess the ways of working for the team
- Contribute to designing and implementing solutions and features
What you will bring
You have a strong operational experience as an engineer most likely curious about how we can solve our members' problems, taking a creative new approach and bringing tech to this ancient industry. You are interested in how good technology and design can solve real global problems. You have:
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and ability to deal with complexity -
- Holistic understanding of technology
- Doer attitude - you look forward to sometimes actively contribute to the codebase to support the team
- Experience with React, Node.js, TypeScript, GraphQL, Agile and Scrum development practices
- Interest in people and you enjoy coaching and supporting people on your team
- Pragmatic attitude & result oriented
- Understanding of marketplaces is a bonus
- Having led teams before is a big plus, but not a requirement as long as you have the right attitude and are eager to learn
We believe that fruit global trade should be a fairer environment for all parties and that solutions should be developed to make it more transparent and efficient.
We have set ourselves an ambitious goal; to revolutionize the century-old industry and make it more transparent and digital. Our mission is to enable and strengthen relationships between producers and buyers across the world with the help of intuitive technology, outstanding service, and expert knowledge.
We aim to become the go to place to transact large scale fruit globally, and we need you to get there.
Our culture is open, warm, creative, and fast-paced. We are looking for someone like-minded, who loves a challenge and thrives in a dynamic environment.