TradeBay is a fast-growing start-up empowering farmers worldwide to finally get better paid for their produce and reduce global food waste. We are creating a B2B marketplace challenging a multi-billion dollar industry, making fruit trading more efficient and transparent. Want to help a farmer in Costa Rica sell 50 containers of pineapples? Let's revolutionize the world of fruit trading!
We are a well-funded seed-stage company backed by some of the most prominent VCs and Angels, most of which are either founders of unicorns themselves, or backers of unicorns. It's time for us to scale, and we are looking for incredible people to join our journey!
About The Role
As a Business Development Manager, you will play an essential role in generating new leads to TradeBay. You will support reaching new markets and onboard new members to our platform including producers, traders, exporters, importers, and wholesalers globally. In this role, you will help us develop and offer the next generation of products and features that will truly revolutionize the fruit industry.
What You Will Do
- Make a significant impact on building our market position and our member base by locating, developing, and defining business relationships as well as closing deals
- Conduct in-depth market analysis by interviewing relevant parties in the fruit and trading industry
- Locate and propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies,
- Contribute to optimize, manage and operationally implement our business development and sales strategy
- Develop new funnels to reach partners and work with the marketing specialist to create targeted content - Measure results and goals by planning your deal flow by setting your own weekly and monthly targets
- Use your creativity to question current processes and find new ways to onboard new members.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of working experience in Business Development
- Have a desire for rapid growth in a dynamic environment with a “roll up your sleeves” mindset. - If you've worked in a startup, that's a big plus!
Like to move out of your comfort zone and take on new initiatives yourself
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English. Spanish, French, or Arabic are big a plus as we constantly expand into new markets.
- Excellent research and analysis skills and persuasive client-facing skills
- Good at handling multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Innovative thinking and curiosity – questioning paradigms
Our culture is open, warm, creative, and fast-paced. We are looking for someone like-minded, who loves a challenge and thrives in a dynamic environment. We are a startup so it's all hands on deck! Be prepared to have various and ever-shifting tasks, take on responsibility for your own projects, grow internally and be part of helping TradeBay scale. We love people who take initiative, so you will be able to create much of your own workday.
We hire for attitude and build roles around people and not the other way around. So don't hesitate to reach out!