TradeBay is a fast-growing start-up empowering farmers worldwide to finally get better paid for their produce and reduce global food waste. We are creating a B2B marketplace challenging a multi-billion dollar industry, making fruit trading more efficient and transparent. Want to help a farmer in Costa Rica sell 50 containers of pineapples? Let's revolutionize the world of fruit trading!
We are a well-funded seed-stage company backed by some of the most prominent VCs and Angels, most of which are either founders of unicorns themselves, or backers of unicorns. It's time for us to scale, and we are looking for incredible people to join our journey, join us if you want to make an impact!
We hire for attitude and build roles around people. Not the other way around. So the role description is broad in order to tailor it to the talent and to the ever-changing needs of an early-stage startup. And we are looking for multiple people to join our team so as long as you share our vision, even if you feel every task doesn't apply perfectly to you - don't hesitate to reach out!
What we offer
- Be part of changing an entire industry and making a positive impact on the world! It's needed...!
- Be part of a passionate and experienced founder team and work both strategically and operationally
- Join one of Sweden’s most exciting start-ups, and have the potential to get employed
- Work in a great office at a prime address in Stockholm
Who are you
- Service-minded and solutions-oriented
- A peoples person who loves making new connections. Our success relies on the relationships with our customers - you simply must love them
- Have a great and can-do attitude, and loves the challenges we most definitely will face!
- Curious, willing to learn, and able to both give and get feedback
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment and can handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- You might have an eye for design, content, and copy, or have a passion for marketing, design, and sales. All skills are welcome and will surely come to good use!
- Has strong communication skills in English, and preferably in Swedish, however not required. Additional languages are a plus as we constantly expand into new markets.
What you will do
In a start-up, it's all hands on deck! As said, the description is open in order for the role to be shaped tailored after talent. Be prepared to have various and ever-shifting tasks, and always feel encouraged to take initiative to create your own projects and workday.
Examples of what you will do:
- Support and work closely with CEO and COO to develop our marketplace
- Follow up and coordinate team projects & tasks
- Follow up emails/requests
- Create marketing and sales material
- Write copy for website and publications
- Market research, that could be focusing on the potential impact on African orange farmers or mapping the different possible fintech partner solutions. Tackling a global market, there is a lot of information to gather and get your teeth into.
- Help with the handling of leads, new potential, and existing members
- Be in contact with our members on a daily basis, make sure they have a great experience, and understand their needs
- Handle the database, create sales funnels, and smart ways to handle it!
- Build and nourish the relationships with our clients - it's a relationship-based industry. You simply must be a peoples person!
Our culture is open, warm, creative, and fast-paced. We are looking for someone like-minded, who loves a challenge and thrives in a dynamic environment. We are a startup so it's all hands on deck! Be prepared to have various and ever-shifting tasks, take on responsibility for your own projects, grow internally and be part of helping TradeBay scale. We love people who take initiative, so you will be able to create much of your own workday.
3 months, full or part-time - The intention is to turn the internship into a permanent position. And we prefer it if you could join us as soon as possible! ☺️