TradeBay is a fast-growing start-up empowering farmers worldwide to finally get better paid for their produce and reduce global food waste. We are creating a B2B marketplace challenging a multi-billion dollar industry, making fruit trading more efficient and transparent. Want to help a farmer in Costa Rica sell 50 containers of pineapples? Let's revolutionize the world of fruit trading!
We are a well-funded seed-stage company backed by some of the most prominent VCs and Angels, most of which are either founders of unicorns themselves, or backers of unicorns. It's time for us to scale, and we are looking for incredible people to join our journey!
Our current stack
We have two parts of TradeBay right now: a public-facing website and an invite-only marketplace web app.
- All code is written in TypeScript both on the frontend & backend
- Next.js using React & Apollo Client
- GraphQL using Hasura & Postgres
- Testing with Cypress & Jest
- Continuous integration & delivery with GitHub + GitHub Actions
What you'll do
- Develop, maintain, & ship features daily on the TradeBay marketplace
- Be an early member of a startup and be a part of shaping our company culture
Other tools we use
- Render.com for hosting
- Google Cloud Platform for images
- Experience full-stack web development (probably 2+ years)
- Experience in statically typed languages
- Experience with React
- Strong programming skills (obviously..)
- Eager to learn, eager to teach.
- Pragmatic attitude & result oriented
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record of shipping features
- Organized and self-sufficient
- Happy to work with TypeScript, React & GraphQL.
We care more about what you can do than how long you've worked and would love for you to show us some projects you are proud of!
Our culture is open, warm, creative, and fast-paced. We are looking for someone like-minded, who loves a challenge and thrives in a dynamic environment. We are a startup so it's all hands on deck! Be prepared to have various and ever-shifting tasks, take on responsibility for your own projects, grow internally and be part of helping TradeBay scale. We love people who take initiative, so you will be able to create much of your own workday.
We hire for attitude and build roles around people and not the other way around. So don't hesitate to reach out!